Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Linear Gallery

 Rotation-Spiral-Linear
Stacking-Offset-Linear








My idea of linear gallery is blocks that represent a bay of the gallery and stocked up forming a tall structure. The stacking is done so they are off centered to create a series of steps in the sky. The next iteration looks at the stacking by rotating the blocks so it creates a linear spiral. The final iteration I created these vertical tower-tubes which are sliced and I'm stilling exploring the idea. The tubes run at different length. SO when I cut section through them, the section cuts would cut through solids at some points and through voids at others. I'm still working on it. I have posted the precedents for my structure, The New Museum in new York and Selijord Lookout Points in Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment